OCN Blizzard Junior A club of Manitoba Junior Hockey League are seeking Applications for Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager/Trainer for upcoming Season 2020-2021.
Requirements: Certified Athletic Therapist, First Aid, and CPR
Job Description: The Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager/Trainer is responsible for the physical care of the athletes and maintenance of equipment. This position requires non-standard hours. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons of Canadian Citizenship.
The Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager/Trainer will work under the direction of the Head Coach/General Manger and assume duties as assigned by the Head Coach/General Manager on a daily basis. Job duties shall include but are not limited to:
- Work cooperatively with the Coaches, and accepts duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Familiar with Skate sharpening equipment. Perform skate sharpening duties.
- Ensure the dressing room is properly organized and assist co-ordination of cleaning daily.
- Co-ordinate the loading and unloading of bus for all road trips with the team’s Coaching Staff.
- Co-ordinate and complete daily laundry duties.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and distribution of team equipment with the Head Coach/GM.
- Ensure equipment is repaired or replaced as needed.
- Implement an effective Risk Management program with your team that strives to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Assume a proactive role in identifying and minimizing or eliminating risks during all activities.
- Conduct regular checks of players’ equipment to ensure proper fit, protective quality and maintenance, and advise Coaches regarding the selection or replacement of equipment.
- Maintain accurate medical information files on all players and team officials and bring these to Coaches and General Manager Attention.
- Maintain a Player Injury Log.
- Maintain a fully stocked First Aid Kit and bring it to all team activities.
- Implement an effective Emergency Action Plan with your team and practice it regularly to ensure all involved understand their roles and are prepared to act promptly when an incident occurs.
- Manage minor injuries according to basic injury management principles.
- Recognize injuries that require a player to be removed from action. Refer players to medical professionals and coordinate return to play.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle with all hockey participants by being a good role model and by educating participants regarding hygiene, performance-enhancing substances, drug and alcohol abuse, nutrition and hydration.
- Act as a Hockey Trainer for both your team and your opponents if only one Hockey Trainer is present.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary will depend on Education and Experience.
Please forward resumes to:
GM and Head Coach
OCN Blizzard Junior A Hockey Club
Cell: 204 250 5565