The Swan Valley Stampeders Junior A Hockey Club Inc is seeking an Athletic Therapist/Trainer to join our team full-time for the 2023-2024 season.
- Provide medical attention to players, at all team functions including games both home and away as well as practices.
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance.
- Travel with the team for away games.
- Keep records of all injuries, treatments and the rehabilitation schedule including making medical appointments.
- Report all injuries to the Head Coach/General Manager.
- Be present on the bench and around the room for players’ needs before and during the game, which could include things like taping, and more.
- Assist/organize team workouts, training and rehabilitation.
- Work cooperatively with the staff, and accepts duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Responsible for laundry, room set up, as well as packing and unpacking.
Applicants must have both of the following courses completed and passed.
- Respect in Sport – Hockey Manitoba
- Safety – Hockey Manitoba
Applicants must also have one of the following:
- Certified Athletic Therapist
- Emergency First Responder
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
*If the individual is still in the process of working towards one of the above, they will be required to have their standard first aid.
Salary: To be discussed with General Manager / Board of Directors based on experience and certification.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to the contact below.
General Manager / Head Coach – Swan Valley Stampeders Jr A Hockey Club