Job Title: Marketing Manager
Virden Oil Capitals Marketing Manager is responsible for the managing and developing the team’s strategic marketing plan, partnerships, fundraising, promotions, game day operations, advertising, and events on behalf of our franchise. The Marketing Manager will report directly to president as well will work closely with the marketing committee as appointed by the board of directors. The marketing manager must work closely with the head coach and general manager to ensure the team is being promoted to its maximum ability. It is very important the marketing manager designs opportunities for the team to work with other organizations in Virden and area to build strong partnerships within the communities.
President & Marketing Committee
Create and manage a marketing strategy around the Virden Oil Capitals to achieve our expected outcomes in the following areas:
1. Sponsorship & Advertising Sales:
- Responsible for prospecting, selling, cultivating, maintaining and renewing sponsorships, advertising, corporate partnerships and season ticket holders.
- Responsible for achieving established sales goals and budgets as set by the Board of Directors.
- Develop, write and present corporate sponsorship proposals to prospective clients.
- Responsible for coordinating and executing corporate partnership fulfillment.
2. Team Promotions & Marketing:
- Work with media outlet to maximize the hockey clubs media exposure.
- Work with hockey operations to develop up to the minute news stories and press releases.
- Provide event planning management and support as needed for team events.
- Spearhead the building of a marketing plan that will sell season ticket targets and game day walk up targets as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Manage website, social media and email manager to fans and season ticket holders.
- Implement and evaluate marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Create new sales collateral or modify existing collateral as required.
- Manage and sell advertising space on the team’s main street digital sign.
- Assist food services manager as required with marketing products and services.
3. Community Networking:
- Work with community groups & schools to involve the Oil Capitals in all of our supporting communities. Including but not limited to minor hockey, breakfast club, can power, grades K-12.
- Build and maintain relationships with coaches, teachers, and leaders of organizations in all surrounding communities to ensure they are aware of networking opportunities with the Oil Capitals.
- Promote various community activities as required.
4. Game Day Operations:
- Work closely with the game day committee to ensure adequate volunteers for each division of game day operations.
- Game day preparations and coordinates game day events. Including documentation, line-ups and announcer’s script.
- Establish and train Ice Team to assist you with game day operations and promotions.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Building a Team Brand second to none in the MJHL.
- Ensure consistent branding and message.
- Continuously bring new and fresh idea’s to the board of directors that will make this team the envy of the league and a proud staple in the community and surrounding area.
- Respond to fan and partnership requests.
- 3-5 years sports marketing and/or fund raising experience
- Strong project management skills and writing/editing skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Background in Adobe Creative Suite considered an asset
- Understanding of lighting, audio, and video considered an asset
- BA in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Sports enthusiast, high energy, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Highly motivated, takes initiative, and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to individuals or groups of people
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to the franchise
- Ability to network confidently
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Passionate about hockey and making a difference in your community
Compensation: Base salary + commission
Please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday, June 18, 2015