The Sales & Marketing Manager is a critical position in the success of the Steinbach Pistons. The Sales & Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and developing the team’s brand, marketing plan, community partnerships, fundraising, promotions, game day operations, advertising and annual events. All of these different areas are important for the hockey club in maintaining a positive image in the league and community. This position would work closely with the Head Coach and General Manager to ensure the team is being promoted to its maximum ability.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities:
- 3-5 years sports marketing and/or fund raising experience
- Strong project management skills and writing/editing skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe PhotoShop, Video Editing software and all social media avenues (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, etc.)
- BA in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Game day production experience with video cameras, photo taking, music editing and with video production programs like 3Play, Motion Rocket and Black Magic broadcast switchers.
- The ability to create and execute sponsorship and advertising sales
- Sports enthusiast, high energy, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Highly motivated, takes initiative, and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to individuals or groups of people
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to the franchise
- Ability to network confidently
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Passionate about hockey and making a difference in the community
Please forward resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is June 6, 2018. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.