Job Description: Virden Oil Capitals – Marketing Manager
Job Purpose: Virden Oil Capitals Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and developing the team’s strategic marketing plan, partnerships, fundraising, promotions, game day operations, advertising, and events on behalf of our franchise.
The Marketing Manager will report directly to Head Coach/GM as well will work closely with the marketing committee as appointed by the board of directors.
The Marketing Manager must work closely with the Head Coach and General Manager to ensure the team is being promoted to its maximum ability. It is very important the Marketing Manager designs opportunities for the team to work with other organizations in Virden and area to build strong partnerships within the communities.
- 3-5 years sports marketing and/or fund raising experience
- Strong project management skills and writing/editing skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photo Shop and all social media avenues
- BA in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Sports enthusiast, high energy, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Highly motivated, takes initiative, and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast- paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to individuals or groups of people
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to the franchise
- Ability to network confidently
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Passionate about hockey and making a difference in your community
Please forward Resume and three references to email@example.com.
Please direct any job related inquiries to Troy Leslie- Head Coach/ GM. (204) 851-7722. Deadline for applications is May 26, 2017. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.