Dauphin Kings Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and developing the team’s strategic marketing plan, partnerships, fundraising, promotions, game day operations, advertising and events on behalf of the franchise. The Marketing Manager will report directly to the Director of Marketing of the board of directors and work closely with the General Manager and coaching staff to ensure the team is being promoted to an optimal level. It is very important the Marketing Manager creates opportunities for the team to work with other organizations in Dauphin and the Parkland region, to build strong partnerships within these communities.
Marketing Manager – Dauphin Kings Board of Directors
Create and manage a marketing strategy around the Dauphin Kings to achieve expected outcomes in the following areas:
1. Sponsorship, Advertising & Ticket Sales
- Responsible for sponsorship, sponsor servicing, advertising and developing corporate partnerships.
- Responsible for achieving established sales goals and budgets.
- Develop, write and present corporate sponsorship proposals to prospective partners.
- Create new sales inventory or modify existing collateral as required.
2. Team Promotions Marketing
- Work with local media, write press releases to maximize exposure.
- Provide planning and management, marketing and support as needed for team fundraisers and events.
- Website management and social media marketing plans.
- Build the brand and image of the Dauphin Kings in the community and among its peers in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League.
3. Community Networking
- Work with community organizations to promote the “Kings in the Community” program in Dauphin and the Parkland region.
- Promote community activities as required.
- Respond to fan and partnership requests.
4. Game Day Operations
- Recruit and manage volunteers to optimize the fan experience.
- Manage game day preparations and coordination of game day events.
- Strong project management and writing/editing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals or groups of people.
- Sports enthusiast, energetic, creative.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to the franchise.
- Passionate about hockey and making a difference in your community.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Compensation: Base salary & commission
Estimated start date: May 1, 2016
Please send resume and cover letter no later than March 11, 2016 to Dauphin Kings Director of Marketing: email@example.com