The Niverville Nighthawks are currently accepting applications for the position of Marketing & Business Manager.
The Niverville Nighthawks Marketing & Business Manager will compliment a forward thinking organization and contribute to an already positive culture assuming responsibility for development and management of the team’s strategic marketing plan, partnerships, sponsorships, fundraising, promotions, game day operations, advertising, food & beverage, season tickets, merchandise, and events on behalf of the franchise.
The Marketing & Business Manager will report directly to the Board of Directors and work closely with upper management and coaching staﬀ to ensure the team is well promoted.
An optimistic mindset along with the ability to develop strong relationships throughout Niverville and region will be essential for the Marketing & Business Manager. It will be important to work together with organizations in Niverville and throughout the region, and build strong partnerships within many communities.
Reports to: Vice President – Niverville Nighthawks Board of Directors
Job Duties / Responsibilities: Create and manage a marketing and business strategy around the Niverville Nighthawks to achieve expected outcomes in the following areas:
1. Sponsorship, Advertising & Ticket Sales
• Responsible for sponsorship, sponsor servicing, advertising, and developing corporate partnerships.
• Responsible for achieving established sales goals and budgets.
• Develop, write and present corporate sponsorship proposals to prospective partners.
• Create new sales inventory or modify existing collateral as required
2. Team Promotions & Marketing
• Work with local media, write press releases to maximize exposure
• Assist with all non-hockey functions and fundraisers
• Website management and social media marketing plans
• Build the brand and image of the Niverville Nighthawks in the community and among its peers in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League
• Oversee season ticket sales, marketing strategies, data base, follow ups and deliveries
• Lead roll on 50/50 with lotteries and game day operations
• Work in conjunction with the Manitoba Junior Hockey League to promote league corporate sponsors
3. Community Networking
• Work with community organizations to promote the Nighthawks brand
• Identify opportunities for team participation in community activities
• Develop a strong relationship with local youth sports
• Promote community events
• Respond to fan and partnership requests
4. Game Day Operations
• Recruit and manage volunteers
• Focus on creation of a positive game day experience
• Manage game day preparations and coordination of game day events.
• PA and video scripting, pre-game testing in arena, promotion equipment, balancing, reconciling
and depositing cash
• Strong project management and writing / editing skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and eﬀectively with individuals or groups of people.
• Sports enthusiast, energetic, creative.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Positive attitude and a strong commitment to the franchise
• Passionate about hockey and making a diﬀerence in the community
Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required. Compensation: dependent on qualifications
Estimated start date: June 1, 2022 or sooner