Full-time Assistant Coach:
The Waywayseecappo Wolverines are accepting resumes for the position of full-time Assistant Coach for the 2017-2018 season. The period of employment would be from August-March. The ideal candidate will have a strong hockey background and will be able and willing to assist the General Manager and Head Coach with the overall direction and all facets of the day-to-day operations of the club.
To apply, please forward resumes to: email@example.com by July 4, 2017. For more information contact General Manager and Head Coach Arnie Caplan @ 204-891-4743. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Waywayseecappo Wolverines are accepting resumes for the position of Athletic Therapist / Equipment Manager for the 2017-18 MJHL season.
The successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is out going, organized and willing to work closely with the coaching and medical staff to serve players’ needs. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team to all road games; travel expenses will be covered by the team.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all games and practices.
- Management and repair of team equipment (Sticks, gloves, pants, helmets, jerseys, etc.).
- Game day set up of dressing room and team equipment.
- Skate sharpening and daily laundry.
- Keeping an accurate log on all injuries, team equipment, and medical supplies.
- Working closely with medical personnel to attend to and assess player injuries, rehabilitation and documentation.
- Injury prevention and physical preparation guidelines.
- Communication of injuries to coaching staff and appropriate medical personnel.
- Maintaining an inventory of both hockey and medical supplies within a budget.
Interested applicants are asked to outline their qualifications, Certified Athletic Therapists or related program and previous hockey team experience would be an asset. Those who recently attempted the June CATA exam may also apply. This position requires non-standard hours. Salary will be based on experience and certification.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume to:
Arnie Caplan – General Manager and Head Coach Waywayseecappo Wolverines Junior A Hockey Club Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for resumes is July 5, 2017.