Courtesy of Dauphin Kings
The Dauphin Kings are now accepting applications for the position of Marketing & Business Manager.
Dauphin Kings Marketing & Business Manager is responsible for managing and developing the team’s strategic marketing plan, partnerships, fundraising, promotions, game day operations, advertising, and events on behalf of the franchise. The Marketing & Business Manager will report directly to Director of Marketing of the board and work closely with the General Manager and coaching staff to ensure the team is being promoted to an optimal level. It is very important the Marketing & Business Manager creates opportunities for the team to work with other organizations in Dauphin and the Parkland region, to build strong partnerships within these communities.
Reports to: Director of Marketing – Dauphin Kings Board of Directors
Job Duties/Responsibilities: Create and manage a marketing and business strategy around the Dauphin Kings to achieve expected outcomes in the following areas:
- Sponsorship, Advertising & Ticket Sales:
- Responsible for sponsorship, sponsor servicing, advertising, and developing corporate partnerships.
- Responsible for achieving established sales goals and budgets.
- Develop, write and present corporate sponsorship proposals to prospective partners.
- Create new sales inventory or modify existing collateral as required.
2. Team Promotions & Marketing
- Work with local media, write press releases to maximize exposure.
- Assist with all non-hockey functions- take a co-chair, or the lead, in Par 3, Comedy Night, Tractor Lotto
- Website management and social media marketing plans.
- Build the brand and image of the Dauphin Kings in the community and among its peers in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League.
- Oversee Season Ticket sales, marketing strategies, data base, follow ups and deliveries.
- Lead roll on 50/50 with lotteries and game day operations
- Work in conjunction with the Manitoba Junior Hockey League to promote league corporate sponsorship.
3. Community Networking
- Work with community organizations to promote the “Kings in the Community” program in Dauphin and the Parkland region.
- Promote community activities as required.
- Respond to fan and partnership requests.
4. Game Day Operations
- Recruit and manage volunteers to optimize the fan experience.
o Staff volunteers for the day, 6/7 on-ice players, etc.
- Manage game day preparations and coordination of game day events.
- PA and Video Scripting, Pre-game testing in arena, Promotion Equipment, Balancing, reconciling and depositing cash.
- Strong project management and writing/editing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals or groups of people.
- Sports enthusiast, energetic, creative.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to the franchise.
- Passionate about hockey and making a difference in your community.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Compensation: Base salary + commission
Estimated start date: July 5, 2021
Please send resume and cover letter no later than June 4th, 2021 to:
Dauphin Kings Director of Marketing: Ron Hedley- email@example.com