Courtesy of the OCN Blizzard
The OCN Blizzard hockey club, a proud member of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, would like to announce the following changes to the hockey operations side of the team.
Chris Perchaluk will now move into the role of full time Head Coach and General Manager. Chris has been in the role of Head Coach since November but will now handle all day to day decisions on players, trades and development of the hockey club.
Greg Hunter- is moving in to the role of Director of Player Development, Greg will be an advisor to Chris and assist with the scouting staff ensuring the Blizzard are recruiting top Jr. A talent.
Nic Rusak- will continue in the role of video and analytics coach.
The Blizzard will now move forward with hiring a full time Assistant Coach and a Director of Marketing and Business Operations to have in place by mid-April 2020. Please the job descriptions provided below.
Any question contact OCN Blizzard Governor Kris Menard thru email @ email@example.com
The Blizzard are looking for an assistant coach who:
• Has demonstrated success at a high level of coaching previously.
• Possesses strong leadership skills.
• Is committed to developing each player on the team so he can be successful at the next level of competition.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills and encourages feedback from players, coaching staff and management.
• Can work collaboratively with the Hockey operations staff in developing, promoting and accomplishing team goals.
• Brings sound knowledge of structure, systems and concepts that are appropriate for a successful Junior A team.
• Possesses or is willing to obtain High Performance 1 Certification and Respect in Sport Certification.
• Has developed a strong reputation for successfully recruiting, developing and promoting players Junior A calibre players in the past.
• Has demonstrated a high level of integrity in the past when dealing with players, parents, fellow coaches, referees, fans and team management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all duties normally associated with the job of a Assistant Coach of a Junior A hockey team including, but not limited to the following:
• Working jointly with Head Coach/General Manager in recruiting and selecting a full roster of high quality Junior A caliber players.
• Planning and conducting all on-ice try-out camps, practices, games and off-ice
• Developing practice and game plans which promote the teaching of appropriate offensive, defensive and special team systems and related skills.
• Utilizing all available game analysis software to correct, reinforce and motivate players.
• Developing and implementing a team/player development program which fosters the growth of athletic and personal skills of all team members via skill work, analysis, regular evaluation and feedback.
• Overseeing the enforcement of player rules, regulations and team policies including disciplinary standards for all on and off ice conduct.
• Developing and maintaining collaborative, supportive, and professional relationships with area and league teams.
• Establishing and maintaining a professional reputation among all external agencies (league staff, opposing teams, visiting and host hotels, referee group, sponsors, minor hockey partners, opposing team fans and support staff, etc.
• Serving as a representative consistent with the values and standards of the Blizzard when conducting meetings with parents, families, social clubs, media, fans and league officials.
• Performing Community Outreach and making public relations appearances as requested from time to time.
• Performing additional duties as directed by the team management from time to time.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references electronically as well as any questions you may have to Kris Menard (Governor) firstname.lastname@example.org before April 1 ,2020
Marketing and Business Operations Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all advertising and sponsorship accounts, public relations social
media and game day promotions
Reporting to the General Manager and the Board of Directors.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible to ensure the promotion of the Blizzard Hockey Club is consistent with the goals and direction of the Board of Directors from a
Strategic Planning perspective.
The Director of Marketing will maintain and expand the team’s supporter base by selling advertising in our home rink, game day programs and through various
Public relations will include promoting the Blizzard at public events, coordinating the team website and social media.
Another area of responsibility is serving as a liaison between the MJHL’s marketing department and the club. Including attending league meetings, coordinating rink advertising and game sponsorships.
Communication skills, creativity and experience will be considered assets for this position.
Specific skills include sales, marketing and/or social media communications education and computer and data base skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing exceptional customer service, possess engaging phone skills as well as interpersonal and communication
The successful applicant will want to be an
integral part of the team and community that drives the growth of the club.
Salary commensurate with experience but will include a base salary and a commission based on sale goals.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references electronically as well as any questions you may have to Kris Menard (Governor) email@example.com
before April 1 ,2020