Submitted by Swan Valley Stampeders
The Swan Valley Stampeders of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League (MJHL) are looking for a strong leader with a winning pedigree to immediately fill the dual roles of General Manager and Head Coach. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Previous head coaching experience at the Jr. A level.
- At least 5 years at the Jr. A level, either as a Head or Assistant Coach.
- Extensive knowledge of the MJHL and the CJHL.
- Experience building a winning program.
- A history of focusing on player development and promotion of players to higher levels.
- Budget development and management experience.
- Experience working for and with a volunteer Board of Directors.
- A track record of promoting community involvement of players.
Compensation will be dependent on experience and qualifications. A multi-year contract is available for the right candidate. Any short listed candidates will be subject to a Criminal Records Check.
The Swan Valley Stampeders are a community owned team run by a dedicated Board of Directors supported by numerous hardworking volunteers. The Stampeders recently completed the team’s most successful season in the 20 year history of the franchise. The Swan Valley Stampeders are based in Swan River, Manitoba in the center of the beautiful Swan River Valley (http://discoverswanvalley.ca).
If you are ready to be the next leader of the Swan Valley Stampeders please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Club President, Pat Morden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is May 31, 2019 or until a suitable candidate has been selected.