Submitted by Steinbach Pistons
The Steinbach Pistons organization are seeking an equipment manager for the start of the 2019-20 season.
Background in hockey. Organizational, time management and communication skills required.
Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to skate sharpen
• Ability to make skate repairs (replacement, riveting, eyelets, punching, use of oven)
• Ability to make effective equipment modifications
• Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with management, league officials, facility representatives, fellow employees, and the general public
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily practice set up (towels, jerseys, socks, laundry bags, sport drinks, water, etc.)
• Pre-practice skate sharpening, equipment repairs• Pre-practice bench set up: water bottles, coaches board, tape, sticks, tires, etc.
• Post-practice skate sharpening, equipment repair (sewing), equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
• All general housekeeping duties for the following areas: dressing room, training room
• Game day set up: home team dressing room
• Begin to develop contacts within the league for the purpose of becoming familiar with arena regulations and set up, and begin to “network” with equipment manufactures reps and vendors
• Keep and maintain effective and accurate records